Rehoboth Baptist Association
Rehoboth Church Camp
History of Rehoboth Church Camp
Rehoboth Church Camp was started because of Claude and Ima Carruthers. They donated 20 acres of their family farm to the Rehoboth Baptist Association in 1954. The land was intended to be used as a camp ground, primarily for all children and youth, who were members and friends of the churches within the Association.
In the past 50 years, thousands of young people have experienced life changing moments during the summer weeks of camp, being involved in crafts, recreation, Bible Study, and the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Many people through the years have contributed to making the weeks of camp a huge success. However, it was the dream and gift of Claude and Ima Carruthers, that will not be forgotten in time and eternity, that made it all possible. Their descendants have always supported the camp down through the years, and continue to do so even up to the present time.